Facial WastingFacial Wasting

How long will Sculptra treatments last?

Hello I've been HIV since 1987, This year I've had four Sculptra treatments for my face...How long will it last? When needing touch up will I have to have the hold procedure done again? Will medicare paid for it again? If not is there another way I can get funding when needed?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

There is quite a bit of variation in response to Sculptra, but a rule of thumb would be 2-3 years of improvement after a series of treatments.

Some patients need a touch-up treatment within a year and others maintain the benefit much longer. There is no reason to believe that Medicare will not continue to pay for the procedure.

Dermik, the company that received approval for Sculptra has recently divested this product to Valeant, so there is some uncertainty regarding the future of the patient access program.

Sculptra timing intervals for best results
Under eye bag help