Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Sculptra timing intervals for best results

Dear Dr P:

I had sculptra done in 2004 and had good results and then again in 2009 with less than stellar results. My ID Dr. did it both times and this time around after not being impressed with Radiesse am trying Sculptra once again. I found a new Dr. that does nothing but this type of treatment and what I experienced was completely different from before.. I really have to question if my ID Dr. knew what he was doing but am not writing to complain about that. I had it done at end of July with 2 vials under the assistance program and just scheduled my 2nd visit 3 weeks after with 2 more vials. Is this too soon or should I wait longer for a better effect or does it matter. I won't qualify for assistance again for 2 more years and want to get my best possible results. Thanks very much.

PS how much does one vial cost without assistance. He charges 250.00 for injection of one vial. I asked him the same question but they have gotten back to me yet.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

We know that Sculptra gradually improves facial volume after injection and full results may take more than several months to develop. The time period between treatments should be at least 2 weeks and I generally perform treatments at 4 week intervals. So a retreatment in 3 weeks is certainly reasonable and should not impact your long-term results.

The charge for Sculptra varies quite a bit between regions and doctors. Outside of the patient assistance program, our office charges 800 dollars for the first vial of Sculptra and 700 dollars for subsequent vials.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Butt cushioning importance?
How long will Sculptra treatments last?