Facial WastingFacial Wasting

KS Cosmetic Question - Laser treatment

I completed six chemo-therapy treatments with Doxil for KS. Legions were kept mostly superficial to the sides and bottoms of my feet, a large one on my leg and a few in my hands. They have flattened and lightened in color and are no longer painful. My question is a cosmetic one, I have been researching the best method to remove the more obvious legions. I am most interested in laser treatments to remove or lessen the discoloration of the legions. I have tried finding specialists but cannot find much information on this.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I have seen persistent skin discoloration lasting years following KS remission in patients as well. There was a report that addressed this issue at the annual meeting of the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (abstract 245). The authors reported significant improvement in KS lesion pigmentation after a series of laser treatments with a 755nm Alexandrite laser followed by treatment with a 532 nm Q-switched Nd:YAG laser. If you live near a city you should be able to find a laser specialist who has access to these lasers.

Good luck!

recently switched regimen
Medicaid coverage of Sculptra treatment?