Facial WastingFacial Wasting

recently switched regimen

I recently switched from crixivan and comivir to atripla,will my facial wasting improve.

Switching from Crixivan and Combivir to Atripla may result in a lessening of facial wasting. Combivir contains AZT and a number of studies have shown improved facial fat with a change from AZT to Viread (Viread is one of the components of Atripla).

The longer one has been on AZT, the less the chance of significant improvements in facial appearance, but preventing further loss of facial fat is essential. Facial reconstruction with facial fillers is another important aspect of treatment.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

AZT cause lipodistrophy?
KS Cosmetic Question - Laser treatment