Facial WastingFacial Wasting

no symptoms, should i stop zerit?

Hello doc, I am 27yrs old,female, Indonesian. I was diagnosed HIV+ in march 2010 n my cd4 was 140 without any symptoms. At first, I was prescribed Neviral n duviral but I got anemia and skin rashes (at my belly). Now, I've been taking Triomune since may 2010(neviral, lamivudine, stavudine-last CD4 on March 2011 was 342)n I think it works well. However, I've just read all the information 'bout side effect of zerit n how it's not recommended anymore in US. So,should I consider to change zerit even though I do not feel or realize any side effects of zerit, yet? n what would be ur recommendation for the replacement?. I look forward for your response, since I'm so terrified of permanent nerve damage n facial wasting. Ps.The body's been really helpful answering information gap in HIV issues that I feel in my country. Thanks a lot for that.

Hello, it is good news that you have not seen any issues with Zerit so far. However, the toxicity of Zerit is cumulative and often does not show up for several years.

If you have access to tenofovir (Viread), this medication could be substituted for Zerit and would be less likely to produce peripheral neuropathy and lipoatrophy.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Any recommendations for switching meds from atripla to reduce lipatrophy?
Facial Fillers in Philadelphia at affordable prices