Facial WastingFacial Wasting

does my HIV regimen cause lipoatrophy?

Does the HIV regimen i am on cause lipoatrophy? reyetaz epivir, norvir and viread.

Your regimen contains 2 nukes Epivir and Viread, and a boosted protease inhibitor Norvir and Reyataz. This is a fairly standard cocktail and one that is less likely to produce lipoatrophy in comparison with older combinations. Of course, there is no treatment that is entirely free of side effects.

Some studies have shown that inclusion of a protease inhibitor may protect against lipoatrophy to some degree because there is a tendency to gain weight (and fat) with protease inhibitors. However, if it does occur, this weight gain comes with its own problems like increased risk of elevated cholesterol and development of diabetes mellitus.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Preference of Facial Fillers
Can I receive facial filler injections if I take Coumadin?