Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Selzenry, Reyataz, Epzicon, Norvir coctail

Newly HIV+ in Sept 2010 tried no meds but immune system wouldn't rebound. TCells down to 158 viral load up to 10 million. About a month ago Doc and I decided on 4 pill cocktail once a day, Epzicom, Reyataz 300mg, Selzentry 300mg, and Norvir tablet 100mg. Once viral load is undetectable stop Norvir. What do you think of this cocktail? Thanks for your thoughts. FYI, doctor ran all test for resistance and ccr5 etc.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I think that this 4 drug cocktail is one drug too many. Treatment guidelines suggest triple therapy for HIV infection. Starting with 5 agents (Epzicom is a combination or Ziagen and Epivir) is not evidence based. In fact, a number of studies have shown that 4 agents do not work better than 3, and are associated with more side effects (including lipoatrophy and body shape changes).

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

In response to your can "Sculptra" losing effectiveness
loss of fat around eyes and legs