Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Sculptra availbility in Florida

I have asked my dermatologist aboaut Radiesse and she won't consider it because of not only the expens but the fact that Scruptra last much longer. I contacted the manufaturer for assistance and names of those doctors trained in the use of Sculptra. After calling the only four at the time, I dd not receve te courtesy of a response. I am covered by Medicare and Tricare but still qualify for their assistance program and still can't find a doctor to participate in the Sarasota area. Travel is not an easy task but can be done with proper planning. However, I find it obscene that a county with more plastic surgeons and dermatologist than LA and Miami won't provide the service. I ws referred to one about 2 hours drive from here and her staff said I would still have to come up with a substantial co-pay? Tricare pays for my co-pay. And tking that trip for a consultation and then having to return several days later after the Sculptra is received by the doctor is absurd. How do I get around all this rigamorole? Are you aware of any doctors in the Sarasota area who will comply with Medicare and Tricare. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially after a weekend with high school friends who thought I was dying based on my looks. I honestly thought I looked better than the majority of them until I saw the pictures and my face looks skeletal.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The Medicare fee schedule for this service is insufficient to pay for the time and overhead necessary to provide this service, so this is why you are hitting a brick wall.

Aside from my office, I am not aware of any doctors who are accepting Medicare payments for the injection fee for facial fillers anywhere in the country. If any of our readers have located other providers who are accepting the Medicare payment for the injection fee please let me know.

Medicare will not re-look at the payment schedule for at least another year, so no immediate relief is in sight.

Does Sculptra lose effectiveness after many treatments?
HIV+ and would like to undergo Fraxel Pepair Laser treatment