Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sculptra availbility in Florida
Mar 21, 2011

I have asked my dermatologist aboaut Radiesse and she won't consider it because of not only the expens but the fact that Scruptra last much longer. I contacted the manufaturer for assistance and names of those doctors trained in the use of Sculptra. After calling the only four at the time, I dd not receve te courtesy of a response. I am covered by Medicare and Tricare but still qualify for their assistance program and still can't find a doctor to participate in the Sarasota area. Travel is not an easy task but can be done with proper planning. However, I find it obscene that a county with more plastic surgeons and dermatologist than LA and Miami won't provide the service. I ws referred to one about 2 hours drive from here and her staff said I would still have to come up with a substantial co-pay? Tricare pays for my co-pay. And tking that trip for a consultation and then having to return several days later after the Sculptra is received by the doctor is absurd. How do I get around all this rigamorole? Are you aware of any doctors in the Sarasota area who will comply with Medicare and Tricare. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially after a weekend with high school friends who thought I was dying based on my looks. I honestly thought I looked better than the majority of them until I saw the pictures and my face looks skeletal.

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The Medicare fee schedule for this service is insufficient to pay for the time and overhead necessary to provide this service, so this is why you are hitting a brick wall.

Aside from my office, I am not aware of any doctors who are accepting Medicare payments for the injection fee for facial fillers anywhere in the country. If any of our readers have located other providers who are accepting the Medicare payment for the injection fee please let me know.

Medicare will not re-look at the payment schedule for at least another year, so no immediate relief is in sight.

Previous
Does Sculptra lose effectiveness after many treatments?
Next
HIV+ and would like to undergo Fraxel Pepair Laser treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.