Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Does Sculptra lose effectiveness after many treatments?

Mentioned a while back about Sculptra working great for me for a few years, then as i continued to do my yearly touch ups it became clear my body was not reacting to it anymore. In fact after many years of being on it, and the touch ups no longer working,we went on and did a series of about 7 very full sessions a month apart...nothing happened, I have seen online, others mentioning this happening to them, wondering if you have heard of it... Sculptra is a great product but I am afraid maybe in a small percentage of us our bodies may become immune to it. (my health is great, so its not related to that) I have since switched to a permanent filler and all is fine.. (although I gotta say when Sculptra was working, it was a much better effect all around).

I have not seen this phenomenon with Sculptra losing effectiveness, but one cannot ignore your experience. I suspect it must be an unusual development since I have not heard about this problem from colleagues of mine.

I have seen very good results with the permanent filler Artefill in a limited number of patients with HIV lipoatrophy. The challenge with this agent is that there is no patient assistance program and it is quite expensive for the large volumes that are typically needed for treatment of lipoatrophy. Silicone is a permanent filler used by selected doctors with good results. Silicone needs to be performed by a injector experienced with micro-droplet technique, and many separate sessions are necessary to correct significant lipoatrophy.

I hope that this information helps and good luck!

Radiesse/Sculptra patient assistance programs
Sculptra availbility in Florida