Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Temple implants for wasting?

Dear Dr. What is the best soution for templar wasting? I have read that there are templar implants, in your opinion do they work? Thank you Paco

I have seen implants for the temples and they do work. But in my opinion, facial fillers represent the best solution for temple region wasting. Sometimes implants may become visible because of loss of superficial tissue, or the implant may slip out of place.

Sculptra is a good option for treatment of this region. But it is important for the injector to make sure the product is injected deep under the fascia in the temples to avoid visible nodule formation. Radiesse and Artefill may also be used in the temples with the same technical caveat injection should be in the sub-fascial plane for best results.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Can I stop any meds that may contributing to lipoatrophy?
Risks and benefits of starting meds at the onset of infection - START study