Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Does Sculptra stop working after long-term use?
Nov 11, 2010

Worked great for me, took about 6 or 7 sessions for the full effect, then it was clear thats as far as it would go...it was a nice change... i would say 75 percent myself again... Heres my question... Does it seem that long term users, say the ones that have been getting the touch ups for years and years later, start to become immune to it? Seems that way to me... About two years ago i was getting my yearly touch ups, and kept coming back every month thinking it would just take one more session...went as far as 7 sessions (touchups once a month ) till it was clear my body was not longer reacting to it anymore..... I was slowly reverting back to the way i looked before i ever did what was many years ago when i started, newfill.... its clear even to my doc it does not work on my any longer so i Switched to artefill...pretty good results with that and basically permanent.. Just wondered if you have heard of other long term users who have become immune to the skin thickening effect of Sculptra? (its been maybe 6 or 7 years or more since my original use of newfill/sculptra. One of the first in the South anyway to gain access too it.

Response from Dr. Pierone

I started using Sculptra in my practice after it was approved 6 years ago and have not seen a drop off in effectiveness in long-term treated patients. I have seen a fairly large variation in response to Sculptra. Some patients demonstrate a very robust response to the product versus a muted effect in others.

Although I have not seen the change in response that you have experienced, one might speculate that your immune system has developed some degree of tolerance to Sculptra. I will ask some of my colleagues if they have noticed this phenomenon in any of their patients.

Thanks for posting.

Previous
Reply to Dr. Pierones Question Re: My Post
Next
Treatment for general body fat loss?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.