Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Medicare and Facial Wasting in Florida

Thank you for answering my question about Medicaid paying for facial wasting...I also have Medicare though..Ive consulted with a trusted Plastic Surgeon who doesnt take any insurance but told me she knew of no Plastic Surgeons or Dermatologists in Forida that would that even accept Medicare and that Florida was the worst state for it....how could I find a Doctor if the Rep for Sculptra doesnt even know????

Hello and thanks for posting.

The hope was that Medicare approval for HIV lipoatrophy treatment would expand access to treatment. But the compensation set by Medicare was $100, so I doubt any doctors will choose to get involved. Doctors and surgeons typically charge about $400 to $500 for performing the facial filler injection, so $100 would be laughable, but it is not a laughing matter. The next challenge will be to appeal to Medicare to set a reasonable rate for this procedure.

I do participate with Medicare for facial fillers injections, and here is a link to my web site. If you can travel to Vero Beach I would be happy to treat you.

Good luck!

Medicaid coverage for Facial Wasting
CD4 Criteria for Sculptra/Radiesse?