Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Facial wasting - fat grafting - problem solved

I had this problem some years ago and also the hump. So had the hump removed and the fat inserted into my face. Several years on my face is full and I dont have to have top-ups with artificial fillers. Why isnt this procedure used more often.

Fat transfer for facial lipoatrophy has shown mixed results. Some patients do very well with good durability of transferred fat along with positive aesthetic results. But poor fat cell survival plagues this approach and may lead to unpredictable outcomes. There have also been reports of overly robust fat cell growth in some patients leading to a "hamster cheek" appearance.

So the main reason fat cell grafting is not used more often is related to the inconsistent results.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Hiv and Plastic Surgery
Best places for PMMA injections?