The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Wasting face lift too tight, what to do?

Jul 26, 2010

Due to facial wasting, a plastic surgean recommended a facelift. Not only this lift chabged completely my facial shape, it is still very tight and i cam feel the treads under my skin, even the knots, i can feel. I am missing facial movement especially on the sides, and my mouth does not move comfortable any more. Is there a possibility to have a correction, make the treads loose or the uinderlying tissues. The whole lift flattened my face, due to tight skin, it is almost impossible to use fillers, when i try this , there is so much tension on my skin. is there any solution, this is terrible. The surgeon does not answer my mails. Thanks for reply

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about your poor outcome after the face lift procedure. One option would be to have a revision procedure to loosen up the skin and soft tissues.

Another option would be to try some different fillers to produce a better outcome. You mentioned that you have tried this, but the tension was too much to handle. One characteristic of skin is that it does remodel and stretch in response to tension. Examples of this include skin expansion with weight gain and pregnancy. You might be a candidate for a graduated approach with facial fillers and see if some remodeling would result.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

legs and buttock wasting
PMMA - synthetic or bovine?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint