Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Medicare and codes for Radiesse and Sculptra

Dr. Pierone, MD after speaking with my ID Dr.'s office.. they said that these codes are temporary and not working. I spoke with Medicare and they know nothing re: this matter. Do you know what is happening with this? I gave Medicare the codes from Aidsmeds.com and they know nothing. Can you shine some light on this subject? Thanks for your help. (The assigned HCPCS code for Radiesse injections is Q2026, according to CMS. The assigned HCPCS code for Sculptra injections is Q2027. These codes are effective for claims with dates of service on or after March 23, 2010.) Thanks, East Texas here

Hello and thanks for posting.

The first hurdle has been cleared National coverage is in place for facial fillers for HIV lipoatrophy. The next step is that the local Medicare contractors (First Coast Options for Florida) set the guidelines, reimbursement fees, and procedure codes for the injections for their respective Medicare region. They will work off of what CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) has established at the national level. It looks like they have until July 6th to get everything into meaningful order.

Stay tuned!

lipo in face on Videx
How many patients have you seen with facial wasting that are not on meds?