Facial WastingFacial Wasting

lipo in face on Videx

I have been taking Kaletra and Videx for a few years now but i I have noticed two holes or permanent dimples at or around my cheek areas. It is becoming a nuisance and embarrassing to me. Is there any way of treating this with no severe side effects?

Hello and thanks for posting.

The most logical approach would be to consider changing from Videx to an alternative medication. Videx (ddI, didanosine) is strongly associated with development of lipoatrophy and is not used much anymore because of better medications. One might consider changing from Videx to Viread or Isentress. Another approach would be to simply stop the Videx, because Kaletra monotherapy is sufficient to control viral replication in many cases.

You can also receive treatment with a facial filler like Sculptra or Radiesse to improve your appearance.

Good luck!

Question About Sculptra and Radiesse forms.
Medicare and codes for Radiesse and Sculptra