The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sculptra for cheeckbones

Jun 1, 2010

Dear Dr. I have a very marked face wasting, I have been on Atripla for a year now, however I started having face fillers 4 years ago, when I started to notice my facial wasting. Radiesse seems to work very well in the hollow areas under the cheeckbones, the result is immediate, I have had 8-10 injections over the past 4 years and feel happy with the results. However when it comes to inject on the cheeckbones, my Dr says that there is not enough flesh covering the bone, therefore he can not inject deep and the result has not been very good, I have ended up with a funny bag on top of the cheeckbone. Would Sculptra be a better alternative for this area? or the fact of not having much tissue between bone and skin make me an unsuitable cantidate for checck bone augmenttion? I would appreciate your advice. Best regards Paco (Spain)

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello and thanks for posting.

Many people have very little tissue between the cheekbone and the skin and this does not preclude injection into this region. In fact, it is a very common area for volume augmentation and the results are usually quite good.

Sculptra and Radiesse are both appropriate for this area and the injections are performed just over the bone to produce additional volume. I suspect that additional injections should be able to correct and smooth over the funny bag over the cheekbone.

Good luck!

Serostim side effects and Atripla
CIGNA and Sculptra Coverage

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint