Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Sculptra for cheeckbones

Dear Dr. I have a very marked face wasting, I have been on Atripla for a year now, however I started having face fillers 4 years ago, when I started to notice my facial wasting. Radiesse seems to work very well in the hollow areas under the cheeckbones, the result is immediate, I have had 8-10 injections over the past 4 years and feel happy with the results. However when it comes to inject on the cheeckbones, my Dr says that there is not enough flesh covering the bone, therefore he can not inject deep and the result has not been very good, I have ended up with a funny bag on top of the cheeckbone. Would Sculptra be a better alternative for this area? or the fact of not having much tissue between bone and skin make me an unsuitable cantidate for checck bone augmenttion? I would appreciate your advice. Best regards Paco (Spain)

Hello and thanks for posting.

Many people have very little tissue between the cheekbone and the skin and this does not preclude injection into this region. In fact, it is a very common area for volume augmentation and the results are usually quite good.

Sculptra and Radiesse are both appropriate for this area and the injections are performed just over the bone to produce additional volume. I suspect that additional injections should be able to correct and smooth over the funny bag over the cheekbone.

Good luck!

Serostim side effects and Atripla
CIGNA and Sculptra Coverage