Facial WastingFacial Wasting

How to follow through with the medicare paid for fillers.

Aloha Dr. Pierone! Now that Medicare is willing to pay for Sculptra and/or Radiesse treatment, I would like to figure out how to make this happen for myself. I assume I'll have to go to the mainland to get the treatments as I would like to have them done by the most experience surgeon possible. I know you are friends with Dr. Casavantes in Tijuana but I'm doubting that there is a way to have Dr. Casavantes do the work and have it payed for by Medicare.

I was actually in a group of ten or so guys from all over the country that went to TiJuana in the late nineties to participate in the first attemps at using what was then called New Fill. I cannot remember if that was Dr. Casavantes then. The surgeon(s) was practicing on us basically to perfect his technique. I went down there three times, others perhaps up to seven times. It was a fabulous experience for me and since I was on the mild end of the spectrum, my results were great and long lasting. I think my sister even videotaped it. Can you point me in the right direction doctor?

Aloha from the big Isle!

Hello and thanks for posting.

We are currently in a waiting period to see how Medicare handles the logistics of facial filler coverage for HIV lipoatrophy.

This hopefully will not take more than a few more weeks, but could take longer. I think that the first step for you would be to identify a doctor who has performed many Sculptra and Radiesse procedures so that you are ready to go when the actual coverage rules are released.

I don't think Medicare has any provision for coverage for treatment out of the United States. Dr. Casavantes is an expert with PMMA injections, but does not use Sculptra or Radiesse, so this would not be relevant anyway.

Stay tuned!

Bio alcamid removal from lips.
Scultpra nodules