Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Bio alcamid removal from lips.

My wife had bio alcamid injections in lips, but the procedure was done in (her native country) Turkey. She now desires to have it removed and this leaves us with two questions. How safe is it to have it removed from the lips? Also, what would be a reasonable cost for this to be performed? Thank you in advance.

I forwarded your inquiry to Dr. Luis Casavantes in Mexico. Dr. Casavantes used Bio-alcamid many years ago and abandoned this product with the risk of infection and complications become apparent.

He stated "The only way to remove BioAlcamid will be through liposuction technique, with very low negative pressure to extract the gel while avoiding the fat extraction as much as possible. The surgeon will have to leave drains, longer than usual and will have to remove them little by little".

The risk of surgical removal would include the potential that infection could develop or the aesthetic outcome would be worse than before the procedure.

Sorry, but I do not know what the average cost would be for such a procedure.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you and your wife!

Artefill for Lipoatrophy
How to follow through with the medicare paid for fillers.