Facial WastingFacial Wasting

How to reduce facial wasting

I have been under ART for the past four mounths. Befor taking ART my CD4 is 68 and now it is 424. I am taking Effervin, with combination of and zidovidinne. for the past four months there is a tremendous facial waste over my face. And I lost my fair complexion. Are there any methods to get my facial look back. Iam infected with HIV1.

Hello and thanks for posting.

One strategy to help prevent progression or reverse facial wasting would be to switch from AZT to tenofovir (Viread). One of the side effects of AZT is development of fat loss over time. Once this starts to occur, an earlier change to an alternative medication (if available) is advisable.

Good luck!

ATRIPLA - DO I HAVE TO CHANGE
Mini Facelift ?