Facial WastingFacial Wasting

facial wasting in Atlanta

I have been diagonosed with hiv since 1997 and throughtout the years I have been fortunate with my health and the virus; recently I have seen signs of facial fat loss, around my eyes and cheeks..."facial wasting" I am very self conscious of this and would like to know how or what steps I need to take to sort it out. I live in atlanta, I asked my doctor about treatments but he says he doesnt support it. I also see youre an expert in this field...please help me with what steps I need to take to alleviate this sad depressive condition.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Even if your doctor does not support your decision to get treatment for lipoatrophy, it is your decision to make, and it would make sense for you to seek a second opinion. After all, you are the one looking at your face in the mirror.

Since you live a large city with an established health care system you should be able to find a doctor with expertise in HIV lipoatrophy. You could start by seeking a referral from an AIDS support organization. Another option would be to visit the web site for Sculptra and Radiesse and use the "find a provider" option.

Let us know how things go and good luck!

facial lipoatrophy and limited funds
Treatment options for replacing fat in the legs / buttocks?