Facial WastingFacial Wasting

afraid to start medication because of lipodystrophy

my first lab cd4 331 with 23 % cv 16600, my second cd4 407 with 26% cv 40000, tomorrow I have appointment to see the third lab resoult but I am afraid that the doctor is going to tell me again that is time to start medication (atripla already sugested) I dont worry for the side efects other that lipodystrophy. I am afraid to accept it and then quit to take it, just for been afraid of fat distribution. I have read a lot of info about it but there are nothing that make change my mind to be afraid of that, any sugestion will be appreciated. Thank a lot for your help, I have been poz since april '09 and every night I check for your answers and suggestions, God bless all of you. I was supposed to get all the info that I got about hiv/sida before get infected, but thank to you I have accepted this virus to live with me without affecting my life, I dont worry about hiv, I care about my healt.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Even though the recent guidelines have recommended earlier initiation of antiretroviral therapy, one should only start antiretroviral treatment when fully prepared.

There is a legitimate concern about the risk of development of side effects and lipodystrophy from antiretroviral treatment. The good news is that the risks are much lower with the agents that are now available. Some of the agents in the pipeline may lower the risk of adverse events even more.

Time will tell if new medications and treatment paradigms will lessen the long-term risk of HAART.

fuzeon injections in face
Where can I get treatment in Nashville?