Facial WastingFacial Wasting

fuzeon injections in face

I inject a small portion of fuzeon into my cheeks--under eyes & in nasal fold areas for facial lipodystrophy a few times per week & my face looks full, healthy, & natural & wrikle-fee as well. I am aware that the effect only lasts about 2-3 weeks, but are there any known problems with injecting fuzeon into the face? I have been doing it for 6 months, as I cannot afford my greedy dermatologist's fees for scupltra injections & I have exhausted the free program's eligibility.

This is certainly a novel use for Fuzeon and I would guess that you are probably the only person on the planet injecting Fuzeon in your face. Fuzeon tends to lead to the development of nodules and facial injection would pose this same risk.

It seems more logical to try Radiesse if you are not able to qualify for more Sculptra. We are often able to get additional Sculptra approved if we submit a letter of necessity along with photos showing continued lipoatrophy.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Treatment gone wrong - Sculptra Nodules
afraid to start medication because of lipodystrophy