Facial WastingFacial Wasting

I can't go outside because of facial wasting

I am hoping you can help me. I am a positive female for 15 yrs now and for the last 5 yrs has been experiencing facial wasting. It is at its worse now. I am embarassed to go out because of the stares I get. I am unemployed and looking for work and dread an interview because of my looks. I totally avoid family gatherings and I am becoming more fearful of stepping out of my home. My cheeks are so sunken in I look horrible. Makeup does not help hide my look, my self esteem is zero. Please help.

Hello and sorry to hear about your dilemma.

The bottom line is that you need to find a way to get treatment with facial fillers to correct this problem. Clearly this complication of treatment is interfering with your quality of life and ability to live life fully.

The patient assistance programs for Radiesse and Sculptra will provide free or discounted product for treatment of HIV facial lipoatrophy. You would need to apply and then find a doctor to perform the injections. You can download the forms for the patient assistance programs at my web site.

Good luck!

Lipoatrophy inevitable?
Facial wasting from Aluvia?