Facial WastingFacial Wasting

BEST 1ST REGIMEN

Hi, Im navie till now, but going to begin treatment next week. What is treatment that most probably leave me far from facial lipoatrophy?? Has any person complained about atripla or isentress giving lipoatrophy ? Does nucleomaxx help for those not taking d4t or azt ? Is it worth taking nucleomxx from the beginning to PREVENT any possible lipoatrophy risks ? thanks!!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Most people who are newly starting antiretroviral therapy are prescribed Atripla. This preference is based on the high rates of virologic control combined with low risk of development of lipoatrophy. Another attractive choice is the combination of Truvada and Isentress for similar reasons.

There are limited positive data with uridine (Nucleomaxx is one type of uridine preparation), but not enough evidence to support its use yet.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Facial filler specialist in South Africa
What is the best regimen for me to avoid lipoatrophy and facial wasting?