Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Bioalcamid compatibility with silicone filler

I had silicone filler placed in nasal folds many years ago. About 4 years ago, bio alcamid was placed in the cheek but injected near the same site on side of nose. Now after a co2 laser treatment I am having problems, I have a knot inside the end of nose and it appears the skin texture in that area is changing. Knot is hard and skin feels painful and very tight. I have several huge pores opened in a row which makes this area almost look like cuts. If these are pores, they hurt. Also, sinus area very painful. Sinus area looks a little swollen but face in general doesn't. Area is not red or hot to touch. Could I have an infection? Or could there be a problem with the 2 fillers being combined? Both were placed by qualified Drs. One in the states and one in Europe. I can't seem to find any data on combining these two fillers. Has anyone used them and what was your outcome?

Hello and thanks for posting.

The cardinal signs of infection are redness, tenderness, swelling, and increased warmth. You have the 2 of the 4 signs, so infection is certainly possible. Moreover, Bioalcamid has been linked to late infections.

There is no reason to think that silicone and Bioalcamid could not be combined, although I am not aware of any studies in which they have been used together.

Good luck!

is a treatment still being looked for?
Cost of Radiesse