Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Is Epzicom, Norvir, or Reyataz associated with facial and body wasting?

Can some one answer this question for me please:

Do any of these three cause, or are associated to Facail and Body wasting ?? : REYATAZ 150mg, NORVIR 100mg, EPZICOM 600mg,

I have been on this combonation for the past 4 years . I have had Fat Loss in the face and legs but it may have been from TRIZIVIR which i was on before switching to the current cmbonation. I just want to be sure none of these three cause any more body wasting than i have already had.

thank you, JJ

Hello, and thanks for posting.

There really is no combination that is entirely free of risk of body wasting. The Trizivir that you were on previously may have been the culprit and your current regimen is less likely to cause problems.

Norvir and Reyataz are protease inhibitors and are less likely to produce lipoatrophy, but are associated with lipohypertrophy. Epzicom is a combination of abacavir (Ziagen) and lamivudine (Epivir, 3TC) and has not been associated with a greater risk of lipoatrophy. However, abacavir has been associated with an increased risk of heart attacks and has fallen out of favor. One option would be to switch the Epzicom to Isentress. This might lower the risk of fat loss and cardiovascular complications.

Good luck!

on Trizivir high tcell count - time to change
Low Dose Naltrexone worked for me