|lowest potential meds for lipo side effects
Dec 1, 2009
I'm soon to start meds and would like to know what meds, or combos, carry the least risk of lipo. Atripla? Isentress and Truvada or Isentress and Epzicom. This is very hard to figure out.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
This is hard to figure this out because of a lack of hard data in head to head comparative trials that measure lipoatrophy outcomes.
The Sustiva (efavirenz) in Atripla tends to raise cholesterol, may cause gynecomastia, and generally has more side effects than Isentress. Epzicom increases the risk of heart attacks and occasionally produces a fatal hypersensitivity reaction; so it has been relegated to second tier status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Is Stringy Vaginal Discharge A Side Effect From Provera?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.