Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Loss of Fat Under the Eyes

I have been HIV+ for several years and have loss of fat under my eyes which is an effect from the virus as I have only been on sustiva/truvada combo for 9 months.

I live in Australia and was wondering if you know of the best type of filler/surgery that I could look at utilising to give me greater confidence for myself.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

For people who have loss fat in the under eye area I think that Radiesse is a good option. The hyaluronic acid products (Juvederm, Restylane, etc) can be used in this area as well, but don't last as long. Sculptra can be used in this location, but unless the injection technique is expertly done, nodules may develop. Artefill could be used in this location as well, but since it is a permanent product, it should only be performed by someone with expertise in its use. What I don't know whether these products are available in Australia.

Good luck!

Doctors in LA for affordable treatment of facial wasting
Facial Wasting