Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Radiesse technique

A year ago a plastic surgeon filled in jowls and puppet area with radiesse. It looked good. This past may my dermatologist did the same area but nothing happened. he redid it in certain areas but I see no difference. he said I am a year older (62) and thinner and therefore only scuptra will really work. Ts this so? Do I go back to the plastic surgeon ?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

It seems unlikely that you became immune to Radiesse, so this suggests that the difference is probably technique dependant. There is quite a bit of variability of experience and technique between different doctors with regard to fillers. Some of very good and some are not.

That said, it may still be true that you might benefit from Sculptra, especially if volume loss is the main issue. There is no reason why both agents can't be used together. Sculptra has a delayed effect in adding facial volume, but lasts longer than Radiesse. As you know, Radiesse works right away (at least with doctor number 1 in your case).

Good luck!

getting one vial sculptra injections
Lipoatrophy after stopping meds?