Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Radiesse technique
Oct 24, 2009

A year ago a plastic surgeon filled in jowls and puppet area with radiesse. It looked good. This past may my dermatologist did the same area but nothing happened. he redid it in certain areas but I see no difference. he said I am a year older (62) and thinner and therefore only scuptra will really work. Ts this so? Do I go back to the plastic surgeon ?

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello, and thanks for posting.

It seems unlikely that you became immune to Radiesse, so this suggests that the difference is probably technique dependant. There is quite a bit of variability of experience and technique between different doctors with regard to fillers. Some of very good and some are not.

That said, it may still be true that you might benefit from Sculptra, especially if volume loss is the main issue. There is no reason why both agents can't be used together. Sculptra has a delayed effect in adding facial volume, but lasts longer than Radiesse. As you know, Radiesse works right away (at least with doctor number 1 in your case).

Good luck!

Previous
getting one vial sculptra injections
Next
Lipoatrophy after stopping meds?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.