Facial WastingFacial Wasting

PMMA in USA

I read an article on PMMA dated 2006. The artical stated PMMA was not Legal in USA at that time is it now? I live in Ft Lauderdale and is there a place or Doctor where i can get this treatment?

PMMA was FDA approved in the United States in November 2006 under the brand name Artefill. This product is a combination of bovine collagen and PMMA microspheres. There is a requirement that a skin test to rule out allergy to the bovine collagen be performed at least month before Artefill can be injected.

Artes, the company that developed this product, went bankrupt in November 2008 and the product was temporarily unavailable. Artefill is again available from a company named Suneva. The price is lower with the new company leadership, although the product is still expensive. We charge $500 per 0.8 ml syringe for Artefill, but lower the charge for treatments with multiple syringes (which is generally the rule for treatment of HIV lipoatrophy). My office is in Vero Beach, about 2 hours north of Ft. Lauderdale.

Here is a link to the web site that lists other doctors who provide Artefill treatment

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

bio-alcamid complications
Temple facial wasting