Facial WastingFacial Wasting

The difference between Scuptra and Radiesse and need treater in Florida

I heard that Radiesse is a better filler that last longer and is not of synthetic. Can you also tell me if there is someone in the Ft.lauderdale, florida area or Jacksonville florida area that are good at these procedures.

Radiesse and Sculptra are both effective for treatment of HIV-related lipoatrophy and I would be hard pressed to agree that one is better than the other. They certainly are different in their performance characteristics however.

Radiesse works right away, is especially good for deeper lines, and lasts about a year. There is a building effect with repeat injections, probably from deeper fibrosis and induction of endogenous collagen production, so not as much volume is necessary to correct the deficits with retreatment.

Sculptra does not work right away and leads to a more gradual increase in facial volume. It is not uncommon for patients to question whether it is doing anything until after the second or third treatment. But once the benefit does occur, it tends to last longer - 2-3 years is a fair estimate based on the available information.

There are quite a few doctors in Ft. Lauderdale who do the procedure, but it is not clear which of them participate in the patient assistance program. I am not sure about Jacksonville, but both Sculptra and Radiesse have a provider finder on their respective web sites. My office is in Vero Beach, which is between Jacksonville and Ft. Lauderdale and I offer a sliding scale injection schedule to make these treatments more affordable for patients with HIV infection.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

PMMA in Mexico
On trizivir for 10 years