Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Bloating stomach

After using ARV's for a year, i have experienced fat loss around my butts and hips but my stomach is becoming bigger or bloating. What should i do to regain my figure or is it gonna be like this for the rest of my life?

HIV medications have different side effect profiles. Protease inhibitors tend to be more likely to produce abdominal bloating and fat accumulation. Fat loss is more likely to be related to nucleoside analogues, particularly medications like AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir) and d4T (stavudine, Zerit). Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors and integrase inhibitors appear to be less likely to produce body shape changes.

So the first order of business is to look at your regimen and see if it could be optimized.

Good luck!

Low Dose Naltrexone effectiveness
Term of Sculptra Patient Assistance