Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Is Sculptra safe for the temples?

I have been treated with Sculpra since it was called Newfill and was not FDA approved. Now that my insurance covers it, I go to a plastic surgeon, but he will not use in near my temples as was done by others. Also, my upper cheeks are prominent because of the injections, but the lower area is looking kind of drawn.

Can the Sculptra be used safely around the temples? Can it be used to even out my cheeks?

Thanks

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Sculptra may be safely used around the temples and may also be used to even out previous injections or facial irregularities. The upper cheek area could be smoothed out by using Sculptra to produce a more natural facial contour. Likewise, the lower area could be filled in to restore the lost volume.

There is an increased risk of nodule formation in the temple region, but careful injection technique followed for regular massage of the area limits the risk of this complication.

Good luck!

Experiencing facial and body wasting on Zerit, Epivir, and Sustiva
weight gain and permanent silicone micro droplets filler