Facial WastingFacial Wasting

I have a big belly

My viral load is undetectable and my cd count ia 700, My belly is getting big and hard and I also have a scarred liver, so I dont know if my belly being hard and big because of my liver or the medicines I take, I am now on Intellence and truvada, I hate the way I look, I am a thin women with a big belly I look like I am 5 months pregnant.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Your doctor should be able to tell you if your belly is large because of liver disease or the medications.

As a general rule, one would have to have decompensated cirrhosis of the liver to produce distension of the abdomen from ascitic fluid build up. A liver ultrasound will differentiate ascites (fluid) from visceral fat accumulation from the medications.

The regimen that you are on is not known for causing fat accumulation, but Intelence is a fairly new medication. In many cases previous exposure to antiretroviral medication sets the stage or produces fatty deposits. A medication change may impact this process, but a noticeable effect may not be apparent for quite some time.

If the big belly is due to mounting abdominal fat, then Serostim (human growth hormone) may help reduce it.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Public comments for Medicare coverage for facial fillers!!!
belly fat(leptin)