Facial WastingFacial Wasting

PMMA buttocks - Europe

Hi! Im 33 and on HAART for 10 years, I suffer from lypodistrophy in buttocks and legs...its painful to sit on a hard surface for long. I already had New Fill for facial wasting in United Kingdom, but I havent heard of any docs doing PMMA on buttocks in Europe, is PMMA on its way to being approved for this use in Europe? Pls advice.

Many thanks in advance

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I am not aware of availability of PMMA for buttock lipoatrophy in Europe. This is because of cost the only relatively low cost PMMA is available in South America and Mexico. This is why people travel from the United States, Canada, and Europe to have treatments performed in Mexico and Brazil.

Although there is clearly an unmet need, there are no studies that I am aware of looking at this indication in Europe or the United States.

laser treatment
why do hiv doctors keep doing this