Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Paying for Nufill for facial lipoatrophy

hi i've been h i v+ for 16 years now my consultant has done a referral for me to nufill treatment to be done but i have now been waiting for 6 month it's really getting me down could you please tell me of how much it would if i were t pay for it my self thank you

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The cost of facial fillers is a country by country issue. In the United States Nu-fill is known as Sculptra and is quite expensive with a vial costing $500 for the physician. There is typically an additional markup charge for the patient and another fee for the injection itself. For those with an income under $40,000 per year the Sculptra is provided free through the patient assistance program, but there is an injection fee that averages about 400 dollars per procedure. Multiple treatment sessions are typically needed so even with this very generous program the costs can add up over time.

It may be different now, but the last that I checked Nu-fill was not covered by the public health plan in England for treatment of HIV-related lipoatrophy. I would think that the out of pocket costs for Nu-fill would be lower than the costs in the U.S.

Good luck!

what about facial lipoatrophy sufferers in Africa?
laser treatment