Facial WastingFacial Wasting

liposuction treatment of Belly Fat

Is it safe to undergo liposuction for an HIV+ person like me? I have accumulated fat around my belly abdominal area, and have tried increasing my exercise regimen as well as dieting to no avail. Thanks a lot, great website.

Liposuction is safe and should not be a problem if your HIV infection is controlled and your CD4+ lymphocyte count is in a reasonable range. A CD4+ lymphocyte count above 200 is not associated with an undue risk of complications or infection from an operative procedure.

It is important to distinguish between belly fat that is superficial (surface) versus visceral fat that is beneath the abdominal wall admixed with the intra-abdominal organs. The superficial fat can be removed with liposuction, but not the deep fat.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Best drug treatments to prevent facial wasting
PMMA in the legs