Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Fillers for atrophy around the eye?

My plastic surgery specialist here, told me "that he shouldn't treat eyelids or the outline of the eyes in the case of lipodistrophy" (I'm loosing fat there, more than anywhere else in my face)..."that the eye area is too dangerous to deal with". That is even truth concerning Scupltra and Radiesse injections? I am loosing hope here...And I live in Europe (Portugal). But I don't see inconvenience in doing him/it in another place if it is possible. Would you be so kind to help me here? Thank you for your answer. Oliver

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Loss of fat in the under eye region is very common with lipoatrophy and is also part and parcel of the aging process.

For atrophy of the space above the eye I am not aware of facial fillers being used. One concern would be that gravity would pull the filler down from the hollow above the eye and aesthetic results would not be good.

The under eye area is certainly treatable, but not by novice injectors. The skin and underlying tissues beneath the eye are thin and if the filler is not injected deep enough it may result in a visible implant or nodule. So injection of Radiesse or Sculptra or PMMA in this location should be directly on the surface of the underlying bone. If done properly, one should be able to achieve excellent results from facial filler injections in this region.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

any specific test for wasting
Sculptra timing for maximum results