Facial WastingFacial Wasting

How do I know if I have lipo or just aging ??

Hello, I am a 32 yr old female diagnosed in 2002. I have been on Reyetaz and Epzicom for most of those years. SO far I have been undetectable for over 5 years and my CD4 % has been slowly increasing and maintaining ( i was told this is more important that the actual number which is above 300).. I worry about facial wasting a lot. I am fairly good looking , well I am told, and I am so afraid.. I am noticing I do not look the same as I did in my late 20's and I dont expect to, but what should I be looking for?? what is normal and what is not normal?? Can you explain..

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Your question brings up a very important point. Sometimes we cannot tell if someone has mild facial lipoatrophy, or is simply getting older and showing the effects of aging. Many cases are clear-cut, others less so. The regimen that you are on is not known for causing lipoatrophy, but the changes can be very gradual over time.

If you have any question, you could seek an opinion with a doctor who treats HIV lipoatrophy to see if your concerns are justified.

Good luck!

New meds not linked to lipo
Scultra ended my assistance program