|Lipo and CD4 counts
May 5, 2009
| Response from Dr. Pierone
I have not seen a study that specifically addressed this question, but it does make intuitive sense that lipoatrophy would be more likely to develop in the context of a low nadir CD4+ lymphocyte count. One could speculate that weight and fat loss would be more likely with a low CD4+ lymphocyte count even before considering the impact of antiretroviral medication.
Thanks for posting and good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.