Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Lipo and CD4 counts

Is there any study that shows some relation with beginning treatment and low CD4 counts? I mean is lipo more often caused by I delated start of HAART when the immune system is more damaged?

I have not seen a study that specifically addressed this question, but it does make intuitive sense that lipoatrophy would be more likely to develop in the context of a low nadir CD4+ lymphocyte count. One could speculate that weight and fat loss would be more likely with a low CD4+ lymphocyte count even before considering the impact of antiretroviral medication.

Thanks for posting and good luck!

Homeless and umemployed with facial wasting
New meds not linked to lipo