what are the best drugs to prevent facial wasting
Apr 26, 2009
I have been diagnosed about 2 months ago. I am going to start my treatment next month. Do you have any suggestions about what drugs prevent facial wasting and fat loss? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Pierone
The medications that are most closely tied to facial thinning and fat loss are d4T (stavudine, Zerit), AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir) and ddI (didanosine, Videx). This is one of the reasons, among others, that these medications are not used as much anymore in the developed world. The most commonly used first line agent, Atripla, is less likely to cause side effects and facial lipoatrophy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.