Facial WastingFacial Wasting

what are the best drugs to prevent facial wasting

I have been diagnosed about 2 months ago. I am going to start my treatment next month. Do you have any suggestions about what drugs prevent facial wasting and fat loss? Thank you!

The medications that are most closely tied to facial thinning and fat loss are d4T (stavudine, Zerit), AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir) and ddI (didanosine, Videx). This is one of the reasons, among others, that these medications are not used as much anymore in the developed world. The most commonly used first line agent, Atripla, is less likely to cause side effects and facial lipoatrophy.

Good luck!

starting Atripla weight and Kaposi Sarcoma
My salivary glands are swollen