Facial WastingFacial Wasting

starting Atripla weight and Kaposi Sarcoma

I just recently got diagnosed with HIV In Feb and have started treatment with Atripla. I have two concerns. The first is the fact that I have always been skinny and thin faced. Will Atripla help me in gaining or maintaining a healthy weight? My face is also thin, will it get thinner or fuller using this treatment? I have also had Kaposi Sarcoma for several months. Will it cure that as well?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

In many cases the immune reconstitution from antiretroviral therapy will cure Kaposi's Sarcoma.

Atripla may help you gain weight lead to improvement in the appearance of your facial thinness. However, even though Atripla is least likely of the currently available cocktails to produce lipoatrophy, it still may occur. This is one of the uncertain situations in which you likely won't know the outcome with regard to facial wasting for a number of years.

Good luck!

PMMA Brazil ( BIOPLASTIA)
what are the best drugs to prevent facial wasting