Facial WastingFacial Wasting

What about fat transfer for facial wasting?

Hey Doc,

Do you think "fat transfer" would be a better solution to these foreign substances people are using as fillers. Infections don't seem to be as large a problem, especially the long term infections. the overall cost factor is much better(one time-about $1,500), and the risk to sensative skin seems to me would be less, because it your own fat. I'm speaking from my own experience ofcourse, it's not prefect(I do't think anything is)but it's safer and more cost efficient...let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for your time, JMG

I think that as the technology improves, fat transfer results will get better and this treatment will become more popular. The current limitation mainly has to do with inconsistent results that may lead to asymmetry and irregularity of the tissues. Also, because of lipoatrophy, many patients with HIV lack the peripheral fat stores to serve as a donor site.

That said, if everything goes well with fat transfer, the results can be excellent and long-lasting.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Facial Lipoatrophy in Florida
Can Sculptra & Radiesse be used together?