Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Facial Lipoatrophy in Florida

Hello Dr. Pierone. My name is Alex and live in Sarasota, Florida. I've been HIV+ for 7 years and started developing signs of facial lipoatrophy a few years ago. I had some treatments with silicone and PMMA in the past in South America. Although I was happy with the results and the fillers are still there, other areas of my face that didn't require treatment at the moment started to shrink and need correction before it looks really dramatic. Everything available over here is very expensive, impossible to access. I am broke!!! (who isn't). I receive certain $ assistance but, of course, not to correct my face. I know you are in Florida and you process the patients assiatnce request for Skulptra & Radiesse. Do you think I could apply for both? I understand you like using both together and I personally think is a great idea. How long does it take to process the papaer work and have the products? Do they provide enough? I would like to contact your office and see if this could be possible, also know what your fees are. I apologize for asking so many things but I am desperate. I can't walk by a mirror cause I start crying. This is happening so fast. I know I am not really bad yet and that's why I think this is the right moment to correct it and not waiting until I need full buckets of Radiesse to look decent. I hope I could contact you and meet you soon and you could help me to correct this trauma!!! I am 34 years old, currently taking Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada. Thank you for you time.

Hi Alex, thanks for posting.

Yes, it is possible to apply for the Radiesse and Sculptra patient assistance programs and use both agents. The paperwork does not take long to process, several days is usual.

If you income is under $40,000 per year Radiesse costs $75 per syringe (6 syringes are allowed per year) and Sculptra is free (12 vials allowed per 18 months).

We use a sliding scale injection fee schedule as follows:

Income Per Year:

Less than $10,000 per year - no charge, treatment will be performed at office visit $10,000 - $20,000 $150.00 per treatment $20,000-$30,000- $250.00 per treatment $30,000-$40,000- $350.00 per treatment Greater than $40,000 yearly- $400.00 per treatment

Feel free to call my office or email me at pieroneg@verocma.com.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

lipoatrophy on Zerit
What about fat transfer for facial wasting?