Facial WastingFacial Wasting

lipoatrophy on Zerit

18 months ago I weighed 210 pounds. Every month I would see my PCA and would get a tetoterone injection at the same time I would be weighed each month. I went from 210 pounds to 150 pounds till my HIV doctor brought up that it was due to Zerit over the years. The PCA never sent me to see anyone else and the weight loss just kept going down hill. How can I at least get up to 170 pounds at some point in time?I have a list from her charts every month I saw her but not 1 time did she every seem worried over tis loss of weight at the very least I feel slighted. What should I do ?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

You have probably already done this, but the first step would be to get off the Zerit. The second step would be to consider finding a new HIV doctor and primary doctor since they appeared to be asleep at the switch. Who uses Zerit except under unusual situations? This medication had its heyday about 10 years ago. I suggest that you share your concerns with you weight loss with them. If you do not get a lucid answer to your questions, then head out and get a second opinion.

Good luck!

Possible Steroid use
Facial Lipoatrophy in Florida