The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can you recommend a Sculptra expert in New York City?

Mar 28, 2009

Dear Dr. Pierone, I suffer from severe facial lypoatrophy and was recieving Sculptra treatments from Dr. G. Frechette here in New York City where I live. Unfortunately we lost Dr. Frechette recently due to his sudden death. As I cannot tell from the list on the Aventis/Sculptra site which health care providers have the most experience and the best technique with this product, can you please recommend someone in New York City who would meet these qualifications and is not on a learning curve? Perhaps a master trainer such as Dr. Danny Vleggaar, if there is one in New York City?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thank You.

Response from Dr. Pierone

I have two potential names for facial injections in NYC.

A colleague of mine gave me the name of a plastic surgeon in NYC, Thomas Sterry, who has performed Sculptra injections and helped his patients with HIV facial lipoatrophy. When I called Dr. Sterry's office, the staff was helpful and aware of the Sculptra patient assistance program. The office phone number is 212-249-4020.

Another colleague mentioned that a patient of his told him that Dr. Frank Spinelli 212-352-3170 was taking over Dr. Frechette's practice and was keeping some of the same staff. I called the number to check and they said that they participated in the patient assistance program and the injection fee was $600 per session. I don't know Dr. Spinelli personally though.

Good luck!

Can I try Atripla, despite resistance?
facial wasting of combivir

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint