The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

lCan you provide a recommendation concerning lypoatrophy?

Mar 18, 2009

I suffer from facial lypoatrophy and have previously recieved sculptra treatments from Dr. Gervais Frechette here in New York City where I live. We have now experienced a great loss, Dr. Frechette passed away unexpectly in November and I am afraid to pick a doctor at random from the sculptra site. As you know from your own experience whoever injects this product must have achieved great skill after much trail and error. As I cannot take the risk of picking a doctor who is on a learning curve, can you recommend someone in New York who has achieved the expertise needed?

Also do you know of a doctor in Brazil who is competent with this product as well?

I would greatly appreciate whatever help or advise you can provide. Thank You.

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello, and thanks for posting.

A colleague of mine gave me the name of a plastic surgeon in NYC, Thomas Sterry, who has performed Sculptra injections and helped his patients with HIV facial lipoatrophy. When I called Dr. Sterry's office, the staff was helpful and aware of the Sculptra patient assistance program. The office phone number is 212-249-4020.

Sorry, but I don't know of any doctors in Brazil with expertise in Sculptra.

Good luck!

Other STDs Affect HIV Test
Will my Kaposi Sarcoma lesions go away after treatment?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint