Facial WastingFacial Wasting

what about Truvada + Sustiva?

My partner has been taking Truvada and sustiva for 16 months. He's ok, he's got 500 CD4 and under 50 of viral load. However I have noticed little changes in his face...not really lipoatrophy but circles under his eyes, you know when you wake up in the morning after drinking night before? the same thing.. My question is: is that a sympton that he's going to have facial lipoatrophy? Truvada + Sustiva is a good combination to avoid facil lipoatrophy? thanks a lot

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Truvada and Sustiva appears to be less likely to produce facial lipoatrophy compared with other combinations. This is not to say that patients will not develop facial lipoatrophy on Truvada/Sustiva, but the risk is low. Also, this regimen (aka Atripla) is arguably the current gold standard for treatment of HIV infection.

Good luck!

Salivary gland swelling and restarting Trivizir
oral diabetes drugs for wasting